Project Officer (PO)/Local Expert (LE)
Kenya Community Media Network (KCOMNET) is a non-profit organization and the national umbrella association for community media in Kenya. Community media engaged by KCOMNET include community radio, community resource centers, community newsletters, community cinema, community artists (theatre, creative writers, musicians, painters, etc), community noticeboards, among others. KCOMNET supports community media in Kenya to address pressing socio-economic and local governance issues in the grassroots communities. Our activities are spread out in all 47 counties in Kenya
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Execute Local Expert (LE) responsibilities for social transformation through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Support Content Ideation and Production
- Support Project Development, Planning, Execution and Administration
Under the supervision of the KCOMNET Coordinator the PO/LE will develop and ensure effective delivery of social and behavior change communication interventions focusing on improving the living conditions of refugees and host communities through training and creation and dissemination of peace building content and activities to the highest standards.
- Responsibilities for Local Expert (LE)
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and report on trainings, creative content generation workshops and content production and dissemination.
Capacity-building of radio and other community media outlet partners
- Assess the skills and capacities of the community media outlets involved in the Umoja Radio for Peace (UR4P) project and assist in selection and capacity enhancement;
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and report on In-Station Training for the community media outlets engaged in the UR4P project;
- Provide mentorship to the community media outlets involved in the UR4P project
- Support community media outlets to adapt and use KCOMNET broadcaster resources/content
- Oversee content production and delivery
- Monitor radio programs and other media outlets disseminating KCOMNET’s broadcast resources/content and offer follow up information to the station(s)/media outlet(s) involved in the KCOMNET projects
Community Listening Groups
- Contribute to establishing, supporting and liaising with listening groups and advisory groups
- Share lessons learned and insights from activities for continuous improvements of KCOMNET development strategies
- Project Officer Responsibilities
Project Development and Planning
- Assist KCOMNET in program development work
- Contribute to annual work plans and budgeting activities
- Input to development of Project Implementation Plans (PIP) and spending plans
- Develop annual work plans (working with other project staffs)
- Contribute to insight and knowledge sharing activities
- Ensure all activities run according to work plans and spending plans
- Coordinate with KCOMNET project partners
- Convene regular project team meetings
- Report to regular internal project monitoring and review meetings
Monitoring, learning, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure monitoring and first drafts of complete and timely reports
- Monitor reporting deadlines and ensures action taken by different actors
- Draft project reports, including evaluations, and briefs on time
- Troubleshoot any issue(s) that may affect or impact successful delivery of KCOMNET mandate
- Input to project communications (briefs, press info, etc.)
- Support Finance and Admin department
- Support the F&A department in filing finance reporting documents
- Plan and facilitate reporting orientation sessions for community media outlets
- Degree or Diploma in Radio Journalism or a related field or the equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in radio and/or communication for development programming
- Experience in interactive and participatory training, facilitating and coaching
- Experience of project management and reporting
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in administrative work
Are you ready for the challenge?
Interested candidates can submit their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “LOCAL EXPERT” in the subject line on or before Monday, September 27, 2021.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KCOMNET is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.