Kenya Community Media Network is hiring,
An avid researcher and a writer to document two success stories and evaluation report on election and peace from community radio stations within Nairobi county.
The deliverables include;
- Preparing and administering an assessment of impact survey targeting 6 community radio stations in Nairobi on election and peace.
- Conducting interviews with community radio station managers and journalists in Nairobi on election and peace.
- Conduct an audience survey and collecting views targeting at least 18 community radio listeners in Nairobi.
- Put together comprehensive assessment report based on the roles above including conclusion on level of participation and recommendations for future elections (what and areas to consider).
- Write 2 success stories in form of articles on election and peace (Between1,500- 5,000 words).
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- At least 2 years’ experience in conducting research in either of the following
areas; Media audiences and effects, Content consumption and engagement trends, Media and peacebuilding.
- At least 2 years’ experience in writing and publication.
- Possess general knowledge of community media in Kenya.
Method of application
Each application to be accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of relevant academic testimonials and national identity card or passport. All applications should be clearly marked “Consultant, Umoja Radio For Peace” and submitted in any ONE of the following ways;
- Manual applications should be delivered to KCOMNET office situated on the 2nd floor of Shalom House, Off Ngong Rd, St Daniel Comboni Rd, block C.
- Online applications should be e-mailed in PDF format to email@example.com
Note: All applications should reach KCOMNET on or before 28th September 2022.
: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will receive supporting materials, linkage, and contacts to complete the tasks.
Kenya Community Media Network is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.